Order of the Arrow
Scouting’s National Honor Society
Summer Ordeal, August 10 – 12.
Location: Camp Old Indian, 601 Callahan Mountain Rd, Travelers Rest, SC 29690
Click here to register online on the Council’s website.
- Cub Scout Shootoree, September 2 (Chapter Service)
- Gold Rush, October 26 – 28 (Chapter Service)
- Fall Fellowship, November 2 – 4
Location: Camp Bud Schiele, 668 Boy Scout Rd, Rutherfordton, NC 28139
- Carolina Indian Seminar, January 25 – 27, 2019
- Lodge Awards Banquet, February 2, 2019
- Lodge Games, March 22 – 24, 2019
- Dixie Fellowship, April 26 – 28, 2019
- Spring Fellowship & Ordeal, May 17 – 19, 2019
Information & Reminders for all Brothers
Current medical form needed! Make sure to bring a current copy with you, you will need to turn it in during check-in. It’s also highly recommended to keep a personal copy in your day pack at all times.
Attending your Ordeal? Review the instructions on this page to properly prepare for this adventure.
Are you current on your dues? If this is the first event you are attending this calendar year, don’t forget to pay your Lodge dues as well! (If you are attending your Ordeal, your dues are waived.)
- OA Troop Representative: George Atkinson
- OA Troop Rep. Adviser: Charles Cassar
If you are not familiar with the Order of the Arrow, click here to learn more. This “fact sheet” covers topics such as the mission, purpose, and history of the Order.
Skyuka Lodge #270 is the Order of the Arrow Lodge serving the Arrowmen of the Palmetto Council. Click here for more details.
Check the Lodge’s website at skyukalodge.org for information about upcoming events, newsletters, documents, and more.
“The Legend of Skyuka” can be found here.
Stay involved! Our chapter is meeting in conjunction with the district’s Roundtable every second Thursday of the month at 7PM. Location: First Presbyterian Church in downtown Rock Hill.
– OA: Frequently used acronym for “Order of the Arrow.”
– Arrowman: A person who has completed the Ordeal and is a member of the Order.
– Tap Out/Call Out: Ceremony held after the closing campfire at summer camp. Newly elected Ordeal Candidates are notified at that time.
– Ordeal Candidate: A person who has been tapped out but has not completed the Ordeal yet.
– Old Brother: Any Arrowman who has already completed the Ordeal.
Scouts are elected by their peers once a year. Troop 250 usually holds its election in April. To be on the ballot, a Scout must have camped 15 nights with the BSA in the past 2 years (summer camp counts only once) and be First Class rank or higher.
Adult leaders may be selected by the Scoutmaster if meeting the same camping nights requirement. Selection is also based on other criteria.
For more details, please refer to this page.