Back by popular demand is the bike trip on the Virginia Creeper Trail. The trail follows an old railroad route and crosses several bridges and trestles as it descends 1600 feet over 17 miles. We will travel up to Whitetop Virginia after meeting at Grace at 5:00 on Friday October 28th. We will be staying at the Creeper Trail Campground again this year. The bike ride (all downhill) will take place on Saturday morning. There should be some free time to get lunch and snacks in Damascus at the bottom of the trail. We will then assemble and transport the bikes and scouts back up to the campground for the evening. We will depart for Fort Mill on Sunday morning October 30th.
The Troop will provide a trailer to transport bikes and gear to and from the Trail. Each participant is strongly encouraged to bring their own bike, however, a limited number of bikes is available for rent at the campground. Note: Bike Rental is an additional $15.
All participants must wear a helmet and close toed shoes. NO EXCEPTIONS! Be sure that you bring the proper gear.
Deadline for signups will be Monday, October 24thso that appropriate reservations can be finalized. For signups and payments go the the Troop 250 Website at http://www.bsa250.org/
· When: October 28th – 30th
· Where: Creeper Trail Campground, Whitetop, Virginia
· What: 17 Mile bike Trip from Whitetop to Damascus on the Virginia Creeper Trail
· Cost: $20 / scout, $10 / adult (Includes camping fees and gas for transporting the trailer) (Optional bike rental is $15 extra)
· Food: Each scout will be responsible for their own food including packing a lunch for on the trail or purchase lunch in Damascus.
You won’t want to miss this one.